1) Getting a good nights sleep:- Lots of people have said that they are really struggling to get a good night sleep for lots of reasons; this could be because they are feeling stressed and worried or not able to get as much exercise as normal. Scan the QR code at the top of the page to see our tips for getting a good nights sleep!
2) Learn to sew:- Could you create items for good causes? Or could you learn how to cross stitch/ crochet/ knit? Scan the QR code at the top of the page to find some ‘Sewing For Good Causes’ groups and ways to learn these new skills.
3) Design your own chocolate bar and make it:- You could include your favourite sweets, other types of chocolates…anything you want! If you taste test it and you like it, could you even make them as small gifts for family members? Or even, write to Cadburys about your new chocolate idea for them to try!
4) I can write / draw / explain to another person a list of the things that make me happy. Why do they make you happy?
5) I know how to make a simple meal such as (pan of soup, sandwich). Click here to find some recipes that you can use!
6) Create a playlist to suit different moods:- music that helps me to feel calm, make me feel happy, etc.
7) Have a go at a colouring book:- You can also download colouring book apps on to your devices to have a go with.
8) Cluster writing:- take a fresh page and choose a word / phrase in the centre of a page and then write down each connection that comes into your head – let the words or phrases fan out from the middle like a branch. When you have exhausted a particular chain start another branch. Stuck on how to get started? Try Happy, healthy, sad, frustrated, purpose, feeling good, excited, rediscover, challenge etc.
9) Create a stop motion animation:- Click here to find our stop motion animation instructions!
10) Learn a new word each day:- This could be in another language, British Sign Language… the possibilities are endless!
11) Do a word search or a brain teaser puzzle:- Click here to find some online puzzles!
12) Listen to a podcast or read a journal article:- you can learn something new, or you can listen to your favourite celebrities on their podcasts. Click here to find the podcasts available on Spotify!
13) Start reading a new book. Click here to find some clever ways of finding new books to read!
14) Watch some TED Talks and learn some new things about different topics. Click here to find our recommendations of the best TED Talks!
15) Take a Barclays Life Skills Course. Click here for more information and how to sign up to a course!
16) Take a free Open University course. Click here for more information and how to sign up to a course!
17) Take a Google Digital Garage course. Click here for more information and how to sign up to a course!
18) Take up a new hobby. Click here to take a look at Wikipedia’s list of hobbies… there are plenty for you to choose from!
19) Become a whizz at random facts:- Click here to find some random facts!
20) Work on a DIY project, such as fixing a broken bike, garden gate or something bigger. There are lots of free video tutorials online on YouTube for you to explore.